Subscribe to Forest City International Cemetery RSS

Welcome to the FCIC site

Background

Forest City is a tiny hamlet straddling the Canada/US border in Southwest New Brunswick. Although the present population is less than ten, it boasted around 2000 citizens in 1880 with a grist mill, lumber mill, tannery, several general stores, two churches - Methodist and Baptist - two schools, a hotel and probably a still or two. During its early settlement years, there were also two cemeteries, one on either side of the border. For reasons lost in the mists of time, the two burial sites were combined as one on the Canadian side to become known as the Forest City International Cemetery.

Recent comments

No comments available.